Thursday, July 17, 2008

Floating over my body

My heart wasn't racing, my knees weren't locked, but I felt something welling up inside. I attempted to separate my mind from my body as I focused on my breathing. I felt the snot begin to drip from my nose. I had no way to wipe it. It slipped down the inside to the tip, tickling and cold on my skin. I lay there breathing. For a brief moment I wanted to stand up, tear out the needles on my skin and run out of the office. However that seemed a little dramatic, so instead I continued to focus on my breath. Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in breathe out. For a moment I opened my eyes to take in my surroundings from my limited viewpoint, laying, stomach side down, with my face in the massage head piece. Closing them I imagined my self above my body, I envisioned the other rooms and the people inside, I floated through the walls, the pipes, the wires, and looked down at myself, removing myself from that moment of claustrophobia. It didn't hurt but it was , "weird." Sometimes things are hard to describe with how it feels and how it makes you feel.

I went to acupuncture for the first time. I have gone twice so far. I went for a muscles strain in my back. And I told him about my allergies as well. I think to honor pain and healing is an important step in the getting better process, so I was doing that, I was doing something. I know there are a lot of somethings to do to get better in the world and this just happened to be one I was trying right now for this pain. Well, I know I would try this something again, and there will be other somethings for me to try too. Although hopefully, not that many!

No comments: