Thursday, December 04, 2008

Facebook Friends


Busy Brooklyn girl, bartending four nights a week, presently taking a class once a week, working on creating a webshow on the side, hanging out with friends, boyfriend, and fitting in exercise? Is all that really possible. Some days it feels like a balancing act, and some days it feels impossible. Recently all these new platforms have been created that has become a somewhere to stay connected on a global scale to friends, family, and acquaintances. Does it help with my balancing act? Or create more time for me to distract myself? First there was Myspace, and then there was Facebook. The imaginary social space for us all to be together again- in a controlled manner of course. I try to keep online identity me, like regular me. Friends I have not talked to in years are all of a sudden able to have daily updates on my life.

So weird.

No comments: