Sunday, March 16, 2008

What I forgot for my Buenos Aires trip

It's funny when one prepares for a trip, you go over the list in your mind. Over and over. You write it down. But usually there are always items that will be labeled: The Forgotten.

My Forgotten:
  • Hair rubberbands
  • the usb/firewire chord from my camera to computer
  • sunscreen
  • mosquito repellent
Then there are the overnight trips, the ones where you pack an overnight bag? Well, my dad and I went to the beautiful, charming Ombu Estancia for an overnight. AND would you believe it? I went to all the trouble to pack a bathing suit for the trip to Buenos Aires (just in case) and lo and behold... I forgot to pack it on my overnight trip! And not only was it hot and beautiful but there were two pools to swim in! In retrospect I should have definitely completed a daring midnight skinny dip in the second pool, far removed from the rooms, however some sort of modesty must have overtaken me. No swim in the country for me!

No comments: